Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Boredom of Unemployment!!!

Not having a full time job must be one of the most boring and ultimately one of the most depressing things. Ever since leaving university last July (Stear clear of history folks) I have worked part time at the Cardiff International Arena. Since most of my work is in the evenings, it means that I tend to be heading off to work while everyone else is on they're way back home. To make matters worse, the work isn't every day, so I find myself having to work out what I want to do with my time, and unfortunately even classic computer games like Red Alert get boring after a while.
To add to the present state of confusion, not knowing exactly where life is heading or even what direction I'd prefer adds it's own sense of uncertainty. Am off to Rwanda in July for 2 months and so no employer in their right mind would employ me for a month, then give me a two month break. Therefore, at least until late August I will have to continue trying to work out new ways of running my online country (simcountry) and spend hours contemplating how to live my next ten years. Thankfully my ever present buddy (my guitar) is a constant source of happiness and so I will be able to keep practicing for hours each day.

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Phillip Fayers said...

Don't tell me you're planning on dragging your guitar on the train across Africa? If so you should have pitched that to Nick as a program idea for the Beeb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home