Monday, June 26, 2006

Mr Andrews I presume

Well, the nerves are beginning to set in today as I begin to get ready for my forthcoming trip to Africa. My dad and I are hoping to travel in David Livingstone's steps. We start our journey in Dar es Saleem, arriving there on sunday night. We are hoping to spend two nights there before taking a coach to Dodoma, where we will stay for a couple of days. Following this we will take the train across central Tanzania to the shores of Lake Tanganyika and the town of Kigoma. Thus far we are yet to establish how we are going to get from Kigoma to Bujumbura which should be our next destination because we are still not sure on the security situation along the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo or in southern Burundi. Once we get to Bujumbura, we will spend a couple of days with friends before making our final move north to Rwanda and the capital Kigali.
As often as possible I'll be updating my blog to let everyone know how things are going and where exactly we are, although how often I'll get internet access is yet to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home